July 2, 2007

Open Enrollment Period for Downloadable Audiobooks Consortium

During the month of July there will be an open enrollment period for public libraries to join the NH Downloadable Audiobook Consortium. If your public library has any interest in joining the consortium, please contact me as soon as possible.

For the libraries that have already contacted me about joining the consortium, I will be calling you this week to gather information. If you don't hear from me this week, please do not hesitate to give me a call or send me an email.

Currently, the consortium fee schedule looks like this:

One-time set-up fee paid to OverDrive: $600

Yearly membership fees to pay for content:

Libraries serving a population less than 2500: $200
Population 2500-10,000: $500
Population over 10,000: $1000

Here is a general timeline:
During the month of August, staff members will gain access to the online library for training and practice. The service will go live for your patrons in early September.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Bobbi
bslossar [at] library.state.nh.us

General consortium statistics:

We have 1524 unique titles in the collection.
There are 1799 copies in total in the collection.
We subscribe to 50 titles that are always available to be checked out.
We have circulated nearly 30,000 titles in less than a year!