March 24, 2009

Clippings from the Blogosphere

Last week on the Center for the Book blog I posted a list of assorted items I came across in the book/library blogs I read regularly (well, try to read regularly). This week's reading included several items that I thought might be of interest to the NHAIS community. Please send me an email and let me know if you think "Clippings" should become a semi-regular feature on this blog.

  • Stephen's Lighthouse pointed readers to The EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative's (ELI's) 7 Things You Should Know About... series which provides concise information on emerging learning technologies and related practices. Each brief focuses on a single technology or practice and describes: What it is, How it works, Where it is going, Why it matters to teaching and learning.

  • LISNews pointed out that the illustrator of The Hungry Caterpillar created a cool google logo.
  • Also from LISNews - a dictionary of quirky regional language is nearly complete.
  • Librarian.net had a posting about the Shovers & Makers. I think there some excellent NH librarians who belong on this list! (This website was mentioned on several blogs, but this is where I saw it first.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are welcome, but they are moderated. Signed comments that we feel make a positive contribution to the discussion will be posted.