July 30, 2009

Thank you, Charlie!

After 21 years at the New Hampshire State Library, today marks Charles Le Blanc's last day as a state employee. He has been the leader, champion, and supervisor of NHAIS for as long as any of the current NHAIS staff can remember. In 1999 I worked at an OCLC network in Washington, D.C. and was looking to move to N.H. When I asked the few New England librarians I knew -- mostly at NELINET -- who I should know in N.H. Charlie Le Blanc was the name that came up.

I have been working for Charlie since the fall of 1999 and it has been a wonderful experience. Charlie taught me most of what I know about library automation and everything I know about the unique character of libraries in the Granite State. It will be a different office without Charlie, and he will be missed by us all. I expect he will be too busy fishing, brewing, and generally having a good time to think much about NHAIS, but I hope that when he does think of it he realizes how many of the successes and accomplishments we have had over the years are thanks to him.
Happy retirement Charlie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are welcome, but they are moderated. Signed comments that we feel make a positive contribution to the discussion will be posted.